2.1 What data collection methods (including cookies) do we use on our website?
We use a range of data collection methods and technologies on our website, which we use to collect data for the purposes of transactions with you, gathering statistics and analytics on our website traffic and users' behaviour, evaluating our marketing effectiveness, requesting user feedback, and to improve our website and customer satisfaction.
2.2 What information do we collect?
We will collect name, address, log-in, transaction, payment and other information which our visitors enter into forms completed and submitted through our website.
Our technologies above also capture information about your use of our website, including where you visited our website from and click-throughs, what pages you visit, your use of each page (taps, clicks, gestures, cursor movements, scrolling, and key presses, and information entered into forms), and your feedback.
We also collect your browser information, including your browser make (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome), your operating system (e.g. Microsoft Windows, OSX, Android), your IP address (a unique identifier allocated to your computer for your connection to the internet), and your domain name.
Our own and third party cookies and other technologies will also be used to collect information to track visits to our website and advertising. Please see further Paragraph 2.1 'What data collection methods (including cookies) do we use on our website?' above.
In addition, we may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
When you use our website, details of the journey you’re looking to purchase and your email address may be collected as you fill in your details. If you don’t complete your booking, we may contact you (using the email address provided) in order to offer our assistance in case you were experiencing difficulties with our website. This is an optional service and you can choose to opt-out from receiving this email at any time, by following the link at the foot of the communication.
2.3 How will this information be used?
We respect your privacy and may use your information:-
- To process any registration for an account on our website and for the subsequent administration of that account;
- To process enquiries through our website;
- To process any ticket purchases or other transactions through our website and to carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To log various usage and statistical information about your use of our website;
- To administer the website and gather broad demographic information about users of the site;
- To keep you informed about National Express Limited and our services;
- To send you, or permit selected third parties to provide you with details of special offers, promotions, new products and services we feel may be of interest to you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- To advise of changes to our website;
- To improve our website, and to customise our website for our visitors; and
- To track and manage advertising.
If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further Paragraph 3.3 'Opt-out Procedure' below.
2.4 Who will we share your information with?
We may disclose information to:
- Our regulators, lawyers and auditors;
- Other companies within our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- Persons where required by law under a court order or subpoena;
- Third party service providers or agents acting on our behalf; and
- Providers of any of the services and technologies identified in Paragraph 2.1 'What data collection methods (including cookies) do we use on our website?' above and advertising networks.
2.5 Where we store your information?