Indoors or outdoors, whatever the weather, Cardiff is the ideal place to spend a chilled weekend - or a hectic week - and coach travel to Cardiff is your gateway to one of the UK's hottest up-and-coming holiday destinations.
Buzzing with energy
Travel to Cardiff by coach and make the most of the city's laid-back ambience and healthy lifestyle. With its coastal location, numerous sports facilities, and one of the UK's first automated cycle hire schemes, it's no wonder Cardiff's inhabitants are buzzing with energy!
Take to the streets, on foot or by bike, and discover the hidden corners of the city. With tickets to Cardiff by coach you'll have everything at your fingertips. Ramble through the city's beautiful Victorian and Edwardian arcades and you'll come across vintage clothes, jewellery, home furnishings and Welsh arts and crafts - or head over to Queen Street for some serious high-street retail therapy. Coach travel to Cardiff is also a perfect opportunity to take advantage of the city's many indoor shopping centres, especially on rainy days.
Fabulous for foodies
Foodies who travel to Cardiff by coach will find plenty of inspiration in Cardiff. Start off under the Victorian arches of Cardiff Central Market, for delicious fruit & veg, meat, fish and poultry - and then make for the Riverside Farmers' Market, for fresh locally sourced produce, and tasty treats from around the world.
Top 5 Welsh eats
- Ffresh - a chic restaurant and lounge bar in the Millennium Centre, serving great value food, prepared with local and seasonal ingredients
- Fabulous Welshcakes - a friendly gift shop, where you can watch Welsh cakes being cooked, and sample them fresh from the griddle
- Mimosa Kitchen - a contemporary eatery offering daily specials, bar snacks and Sunday roasts, famous for its cawl (lamb broth)
- Armless Dragon - traditional and modern Welsh cuisine from a long-standing treasure of the Welsh restaurant scene
- Ashton's Fishmongers - a popular counter at Cardiff Central Market, serving traditional laver (seaweed) bread, among other delicacies.
Nights to remember
Coach travel to Cardiff is a great way to enjoy the city's rocking nightlife, and countless party-goers buy tickets to Cardiff by coach every weekend to frolic in the bars on St Mary Street, or to dance the night away in the clubs on Greyfriars Road.
Cardiff also boasts a thriving gay scene, and with coach tickets to travel to Cardiff you'll arrive moments away from the friendly bars of Bute Street, which really comes to life over Mardi Gras weekend, at the beginning of September, when up to 40,000 revellers descend on the capital.
And live music fans will find something to entertain them too, with regular gigs across the city, showcasing big names and newcomers alike. The city really does have something for everyone, and with tickets to Cardiff by coach, you're sure to have the time of your life!